Norton Security strives to shield devices from malicious software. Norton has been offering protection for over two decades. Symantec Corp launched the first Norton antivirus in the year 1991. In the digital era, threats keep on multiplying, Norton antivirus aids in assisting any danger to Windows PC, Mac, phones, and tabs with its multi-layer protection and award-winning protection.
Norton Antivirus Basic
Just like the name suggests, Norton Antivirus Basic offers only rudimentary protection. If you have just one device, then you probably should get Norton Antivirus Basic. Norton Antivirus Basic can shield one Windows computer. It also has an anti-phishing tool, which means that you can surf the web without worrying about the risks. Installing this suite is pretty straightforward. Moreover, since It is light-weight, It does not have a negative impact on the computer’s performance. It has a PC tune-up tool along with Identity Safe password manager.
Norton Security Standard
Norton Security Standard works on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. However, It works only on one device. It has a two-way firewall which monitors incoming and outgoing traffic. This affordable security suite comes with a full refund guarantee. The scanning is pretty fast and robust. IT identifies malicious files and software present in the system within no time.
Norton Security Deluxe
Norton Security Deluxe offers protection for up to five devices: Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. It provides robust network security and anti-phishing tools. If you need protection for multiple devices, then this suite is ideal for you. It detects malicious software quickly and efficiently.
Norton Security Premium
Norton Security Premium is two steps ahead of Norton Security Deluxe as it offers protection for up to ten devices. If you want all of your family to stay protected, then perhaps you should go with this security suite. It blocks shady emails and offers protection against identity theft. Moreover, this program has an online backup which is automated.
Norton Works On The Following OS:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Mac OS 10.12 Sierra or newer
- iOS 9.0 or newer
- Android Version 4 or newer
Norton AntiVirus Protection
Norton Antivirus suite offers top-notch protection from not just viruses but also all kinds of malware such as Trojan horse, worm, rootkits, etc. Norton security program comes with an exhaustive database of known viruses and malware. The program scans the device and sees if any software of file matches the one in the database. If any corrupt or malicious file is found, it is removed from the device. If the virus is newly launched and is not present in the database, then Norton scrutinizes the activity of the virus. If it finds any suspicious activity, then It either removes It or puts It into quarantine.
How to Download Norton Setup?
First and foremost, to get the robust and award-winning security, you need to set up Norton on your device. For doing so, you need to download the setup. If you have bought the Norton protection online then just download the setup from the internet. If you have purchased a box from a store, then open the package and insert the disk in the DVD drive. Here are the steps for downloading Norton setup:
- Head over to norton.com/setup.
- Click on Sign In.
- Enter the username and password.
- If you do not have an account, click on Sign Up.
- Enter the required details and create a new account.
- Click on Sign In.
- After logging on, go to the Norton product.
- Click on the Install button.
- Click on I Agree in the terms and conditions window.
- Go to Next.
- The setup file will start downloading.
How to Install Norton Setup?
After downloading the Norton file, you need to run and install it. Follow the process given here to install Norton setup on your device successfully:
- When the Norton executable setup file is completely downloaded, file extraction begins automatically.
- However, despite the file extraction process being automated, sometimes users may have to do it manually.
- Double click on the executable setup file by heading to the default download folder.
- File extraction will start. It will take some time.
- Click on I agree in the Terms Agreement prompt.
- Click on the Install button.
- Symantec always recommends that consumers choose the default installation process option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
How to Activate Norton Product?
When the Norton setup is installed, you have to activate it. To activate your Norton software, copy the product activation key. Here are the steps for activation Norton setup:
To Activate the Norton Product Purchased Online
- Double-click on the Norton icon, to open the Norton security suite.
- Go to the inbox of your email and open the Order Confirmation mail. Copy the product key.
- After that, fill in the 25 characters alphanumeric product key code in the space provided.
- Click on Activate.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
To Activate the Norton Product Purchase Offline
- Go to www.norton.com/setup.
- Copy the activation key from the retail card.
- Fill in the 25 characters alphanumeric product key code.
- Click on Sign In
- Now, the Norton software is successfully activated on the system.