The task of naming a group chat is simple
In smartphones, there are group chats that can be done among friends, official staff and cousins, etc. but managing each of them properly is a whole different matter. Giving a group chat unique name that all the members can view is a fantastic method for separating it from the rest messages. Go through this blog carefully to know the technique of naming a group chat.
The method of changing group chat names on an iPhone operating system
Remember! After an Android user is a member of the iPhone OS group chat, then participants shall not get to modify the name of it.
- Firstly, go to a group chat in iMessages.
- Then, choose the information symbol. It shall be in the beginning at the corner side of the display.
- After that, put the name of the group chat wherever it is mentioned.
- Next, press on Done.
- Note that the name of the group chat shall be above the conversations. And every iOS member shall get to view that what is the group chat name and who is changing it.
The method of changing group chat names on Android
The majority of the Android messaging applications don’t have settings for changing the name of the group chats. It doesn’t even have group chat names or the name of the messaging applications on some popular Android devices.
One of the top ways for distinguishing between the groups is by looking at names of the contacts mentioned among the members of the group chat.
The people having Android can use some Android messaging services like Google Hangouts, which lets its member name the group chat.
Remember! The users of iPhone operating system devices can install the Google Hangouts application for using iPhone OS and Android contacts. Fortunately, the users get authority for changing a name of their group chat from iPhone OS gadget.
- Firstly, go to Google Hangouts.
- Then, begin a group chat conversation.
- After that, press on Options.
- Next, click on the Conversation name.
- Then, put group chat name. It shall be in the popup window.
- After that, press on Save.
Note that the group chat name is presented towards the above of the conversation. Every member can view the chat name and who changed it.
John Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.