Error 0xC0000142 might be occurring in any Windows versions. It is one of the annoying, and common error usually occurs when an application fails to initialize correctly. It also affects a variety of core Windows applications.
Sometimes, when you are trying to run the program, at that time a message appears on your screen says: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
Causes of Error 0xC0000142
The Application Error 0xC0000142 is caused by corruption or malfunction with the program which you are trying to use. Many people have reported that this error appears on their screen when they are trying to run “cmd.exe” which is the DOS emulator program for your computer system. Usually, this error appears it is down to corrupt or damaged files of those various applications you need to use.
Below we provide you complete stepwise guide to fix this Application Error 0xC0000142.
Steps to Fix Application Error Code 0xC0000142
Before following the steps ensure that you have created a restore point if in case something goes wrong then your important data is stored in the same place. Here how to fix it:
Method-1: Uninstall all Unknown Programs
- Firstly, click to open the “Windows Control Panel.”
- Then, select all installed unknown programs.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button to uninstall all your unknown programs.
Method-2: Change the Value of LoadAppInit_DLLs
- Press Windows + R keys together to open Run command box.
- Then, type “regedit” on the Run command box.
- Navigate to the given Location in Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion \Windows\LoadAppInit_DLL
- Now, Double-click on the LoadApplnit_DLLs and then modify the value from 1 to 0.
- Lastly, press the OK button to confirm and exit all Windows.