Facebook and Instagram have announced their latest feature that will help you know the time you spend foolishly scrolling through the feeds on your IG and FB account.
Note: As per the blog announcements, this feature is soon going to be available on Instagram and Facebook.
However, both of these social media platforms have been planning to support their users to spend more time connecting with people off-screen than spending the whole time in the virtual world. The new “Activity Dashboard” is going to show the daily time and the average time spent on the app over the last week. If you are concerned your addiction of using Facebook and Instagram more than it’s required, a time limit can be set now by using the Daily Reminder feature. If you want to know how you can check the time you’re spending on Instagram and Facebook, read this article and follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps To Check How Much Time You Are Spending On Facebook
- Launch your Facebook app and go to the Settings.
- Click on the “Your Time” option.
- Then you will get see a bar graph giving a picture of your average on Facebook on that device.
- Here you can tap on any of the bars to see your total time for that day.
Note: If you wish, then you can also set a daily reminder that is going to alert you when you are around the time limit you set for yourself for that day.
Steps To Check How Much Time You Are Spending On Instagram
- Launch your Instagram app and go to the Settings.
- Click on the Your Activity option.
- Tap on the Your Activity option.
- Very similar to Facebook, you are going to see a bar graph giving a picture of your average on Instagram on that device.
- Click any of the bars to see your total time for that day.
Note: if you wish, a daily reminder can also be set that will alert you when you are the amount of time you have set on that app for that day.
You must note that this feature is only going to tell you about the time that has been spent on that application just for that device. It is not expected to reveal the gross total numbers of hours that have been spent on Instagram or Facebook across the devices including your smartphone, desktop or tablet.
Thank you for reading this article. I hope this information will be helpful to you.
John Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.