We all want our computers to operate at reasonable speed. It is very annoying and frustrating to work on a computer which is slow to respond, lags and shuts down from time to time. This is a common occurrence with older computers. Due to negligence and passage of time, the computer slows down and starts crashing. While some people may purchase a new computer altogether, or format the system entirely, we have a more straightforward solution. Get Norton Utilities 16. This program, manufactured by Symantec Corporation under the Norton brand is a PC clean up tool.
What Does Norton Utilities Do?
Users will be shocked to see how their computer’s performance can depreciate over time. The more the computer is used, the more it lags. This usually happens because of clutter. Since there are endless types of settings, folders, data, and processes, it becomes nearly impossible to keep an eye on all of them. It becomes even more challenging to find out what the problem is, let alone administer the required technical corrections to improve computer durability and flawless performance.
Norton Utilities 16 conducts a scan of the PC and finds out the problems which are impacting the computer’s performance. It has a robust range of tools which help in reclaiming the performance and speed of the PC. Norton Utilities 16 fixes issues in the computer, removes corrupt and unnecessary files, cleans up the hard drive, and finds out software which slows down the startup time.
Steps to Uninstall Norton NU16
Now that you have bought, or you are planning to get a newer Norton Utility tool, you should uninstall and remove the older version of Norton Utilities from your system. The steps for Norton program uninstallation are mentioned below:
- Start the Run dialog window by tapping Window and R keys at the same time.
- Write the text: Appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- In the list of all the currently installed applications, find the Norton program.
- Right-click on the Norton program.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow all the instructions on display.
- Say yes to all the requirements that may appear.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Head over to C:\Program Files\
- Delete the Norton Product files if they are present.
How to Download Norton Utilities 16?
After ensuring that your system meets all the minimum requirements and no other conflicting software is present on the system, you can download the NU16 setup. Here are the steps to download Norton Utilities 16 setup on your computer:
- Open the web browser.
- Go to www.norton.com/nu16.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Order History.
- Go to the NU16 Order details.
- Under the Order Details, the product activation key will be listed.
- Record the product activation code someplace safe.
- Locate Norton Utilities 16. Click on the Download button next to it.
- Wait for the Download Manager page to open.
- Click on the download link and the NU16 setup file will start to download.
How to Install Norton Utilities 16?
After downloading Norton Utilities file, you have to start the process of installation. Make sure that you have removed all the different programs. Apply the steps mentioned below to install NU16 setup:
- Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the setup.
- Click on Next in the following prompt.
- Read the Symantec Terms and Conditions.
- Click on I Agree in the Agreement prompt.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Install option.
- Click on Finish.
How To Activate Norton Utilities 16?
The final process to execute to complete the setup is activation. You need to activate your Norton Utilities 16 product by entering your unique activation code. Here is how you can activate NU16 setup:
- Start the User Interface of Norton Utilities 16.
- Go to Activate Now.
- Type in all the required information like full name, email address in the following prompt.
- Correctly copy the 25 character alphanumeric product key for Norton Utilities 16.
- Click on Activate Now.
- At last, click on Ok.
- You can start using Norton Utilities 16 now!